Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mini Review: Stars and Swipes; Hugs and Misses by Wilhelm Staehle


Disclaimer: I received these for review from the publisher. This did not affect my thoughts in any way, nor am I being compensated for this.

Stars and Swipes by Wilhelm Staehle
Publisher: Quirk Books
Release Date: December 3rd, 2014
Stars and Swipes illuminates lesser-known--maybe for good reason--moments in US history. Join the Boston Terrier Tea Party, Lady Liberty struggling to flag down a cab in New York, and Lewis & Clarke & Dwayne for comedic insight into the Land of the Free. Send a historic barb to your favorite patriot!
Okay, I actually do really love this because I'm a fairly big history nerd but especially an American Revolution history nerd, so I got such a kick out of these cards. I loved most of them, and I just found them to be hilarious. I really want to share this with my US History teacher because I know she'd love it. I honestly can't even think about parting with some of these cards because they're just so great. I absolutely love this set, and if you're a history nerd, particularly an American history nerd, I highly recommend that you check this out!

Hugs and Misses by Wilhem Staehle
Publisher: Quirk Books
Release Date: December 3rd, 2014
Hugs and Misses is full of lovelorn ladies and roguish gentlemen suffering through painful encounter, indecent proposals, tasteless pick-up lines, and failed attempts at charm. The postcards feature the truths about love and relationships that we're not permitted to say aloud (lest we find ourselves sleeping upon the couch).
While I loved the history one, this one fell a bit short for me. I didn't enjoy this nearly as much, probably because I didn't find the jokes as funny. There were a few I didn't understand, a handful I really liked, and the rest were pretty mehh to me. I'm still not sure how I feel about this pack. I can see some people loving it, but it didn't stick completely with me. I might give this away at some point. ;)
Wilhelm Staehle: Website | Twitter | Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and reading! I appreciate all comments, and I always comment back if I can. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...